Social Work Chats 1/14 #swunited
by Rachel L. West, MSW, LMSW
The Political Social Worker
Social Work Chats is tonight at 8PM EST on Twitter. The Topic will be the position paper on entitlement reform that the Social Work Reform Think Tank is working on. Below is a synopsis of the paper:
Craft a position paper on Entitlement Programs for submission to Congressional Social Work Caucus, Final Draft, tentatively February 15, 2013. First draft by January 31, to be posted online for sws review.
- We will be devoting Social Work Chats to craft position. I will send out an announcement to let you know when these discussions are set to take place.
- My Social Welfare Policy class will each focus on analyzing, researching, and writing on a specific topic.
- We have two other students who have committed to assist with writing and research Patti from Ole Miss and Heidi form Univ of Texas at Austin.
- SWH Team
- SW Organizations to review and write letters of support for final draft
- SW Testimonials on challenges/barriers in navigating these programs to assist needs of clients.
- I will be making a request to Public Policy Polling (PPP) who is located here in the RTP area to poll on the most popular positions to see which obtain widespread support. ie means testing, increasing age limit
Purpose: Give evidence based input regarding social programs to be considered when crafting legislation to cut budgets in current programs. Identify Programs and and ways to produce saving by using more efficient means to deliver services
2. Child Support
3. Child welfare
5. Work first
6. Social security/disability
7. Child Care Vouchers
8. Public Housing
9. Accreditation for Human Service Agencies (Recommended by the Government Accounting Office (GAO) to make agencies fiscally responsible and reduce liabilities.
10. Introduction and Historical Perspective
To participate in the Twitter chat use #swunited. If you have any questions about the project or you want to help work on the paper please contact me at email@example.com. Social Work students can also contact
Logan Keziah Student Intern at firstname.lastname@example.org.