5/5/16: A Personal Brand is Not Just for Rock Stars but Social Workers Too
By Rachel L. West
Advocacy & Community Outreach Consultant
Personal brand is the theme of this week’s #MacroSW Twitter Chat.
As you prepare for graduation or the next step in your career, a strong brand can help you find great opportunities. How you portray your work and the issues you care about to the outside world shapes your career and reputation.
The chat will cover the ins and outs of building your personal brand, strategies for promoting yourself and your brand, and more.
You can read the full announcement over on the #MacroSW blog. The chat starts at 9:00 PM EDT/6:00 PM PDT this Thursday.
#MacroSW is a collaboration of social workers, organizations, social work schools, and individuals working to promote macro social work practice. Macro social work practice focuses on changing larger systems, such as communities and organizations. It encompasses a broad spectrum of actions and ideas, ranging from community organizing and education to legislative advocacy and policy analysis. The chats are held weekly on Twitter every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST (6 p.m. PST). For information about how to participate in the #MacroSW chat, view our FAQs. For chat schedule and chat archives check out: http://macrosw.com
Current Chat Partners:
- Association for Community Organization and Social Administration (ACOSA), @acosaorg
- Jeff Fromknecht, MSW, Attorney & Counselor at Law at Side Project Inc., @SideProjectInc
- Karen Zgoda, MSW, LCSW, Instructor of Social Work at Bridgewater State University, @karenzgoda
- Kristin Battista-Frazee, MSW, Author and Marketing Consultant,@porndaughter
- Laurel Hitchcock, PhD, Assistant Professor of Social Work, University of Alabama at Birmingham, @laurelhitchcock
- Pat Shelly, Director of Community Engagement and Expansion, University at Buffalo School of Social Work, @ubssw and@PatShellySSW
- Rachel L. West, LMSW, The Political Social Worker, @poliSW
- Relando Thompkins-Jones, MSW, LLMSW, writer of Notes from an Aspiring Humanitarian (N.A.H.) @Relando_T and @N_A_H_Blog
- Sunya Folayan, MSW, ACSW, founder/executive director, The Empowerment Project, Inc., @SunyaFolayan