#MacroSW Chats Returns Sept. 1st
By Rachel L. West
Advocacy & Community Outreach Consultant
#MacroSW Chats returns Thursday September 1st at 9:00 PM EST. Sunya Folayan will host. The chat topic is “Community Building/Self Care for Social Workers in Today’s Complex Times.”
The chat will cover:
Questions for discussion:
- How do you define self-care?
- How can we develop a strong community of support in creating addressing self care in our work?
- What personal tips can you share for self care this season?
- What are the obstacles to self care in light of today’s professional challenges
- in social work?
- What are the consequences of putting our client’s (and agency’s) needs above our own?
- What resources do you use in creating a self-care plan?
- How do you discuss self care with your students?
- What have you incorporated into your self care that you have added since last year?
You can read the full chat announcement over at the #MacroSW blog.