Innovation In Macro Social Work Practice
By Rachel L. West
Advocacy & Community Outreach Consultant
Mozart Guerrier will be our special guest for this weeks #MacroSW Twitter Chat. The topic of the October 23rd chat is Igniting the Fire: Creating and Sustaining Innovation in Macro Social Work Practice.
The Discussion questions are:
- How do we build macro social work innovation?
- How do we build macro social work in a sustainable way?
- Lots of individual shops, but not working together.
- Even when working together, where is quality?
- How can macro social workers become more influential? How can we lead the conversations?
- How can social workers make an impact NOW?
Karen Zgoda (@karenzgoda) will be moderating. Mozart’s Twitter handle is @mgspeaks. Mozart is a social worker, poet, and TED speaker. His work as a community practitioner focuses on health disparities. He currently works at SUNY Upstate Medical University as Senior Staff Assistant – Community Engagement Specialist.
You can watch Mozart speaking at a TED Talk in Syracuse University in this video.
#MacroSW Twitter chat is a collaboration between the Association of Community Organization and Social Administration (ACOSA), University of Southern California – School of Social Work, the University at Buffalo – School of Social Work, The Network for Social Work Management (NSWM), and Karen Zgoda, Instructor at Bridgewater State University.
Chats focus on macro social work issues. They are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month. Chats are archived on Storify. You can find them at http://www.storify.com/MacroSW.