Consulting Services from The Political Social Worker
I provide advocacy and community outreach consultation to nonprofits and social good organizations. In addition to consultancy work with organizations, I offer career coaching to helping professionals as well as consultation and training to private practice clinicians on the use of social media.
You can connect with me on my company LinkedIn page located here. You can also follow me on Twitter @poliSW. To receive information about webinars and special offers you can sign up for my newsletter here.
In the summer of 2015 Online MSW Programs interviewed me about macro practice and my consultancy work. You can read the interview here.
Solutions for Social Good Organizations
I work best with small to mid-sized nonprofits focused on social justice issues. My area of expertise is with advocacy work related to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community and women’s rights issues. I have also working with nonprofits carrying out advocacy work in the areas of disability rights, sustainable housing, and substance abuse.
I can work with you and your staff on the following:
- Outreach & engagement planning
- Creating a legislative advocacy
- Advocacy program development
- Reports & Briefs (position papers, policy statements, discussion papers, issue briefs, fact sheets, and talking point memos)
- Social Media Plans
- Social media management
- Establishing live Twitter chats
- Integrating social media into conferences/events
I offer the following workshop and training opportunities:
Additionally I offer trainings on working with the LGBT community and creating a more inclusive work environment.
Solutions for Helping Professionals
My ideal coaching clients are macro focused social workers and clinicians looking to incorporate advocacy into their practice. I also offer coaching to clinicians who want to learn how to use social media to expand their practice.
Areas of Focus:
- Establishing a career in macro social work
- Career planning for new helping professionals
- Using social media to establish & expand your private practice
- Pursuing a career in non-traditional social work
- Advocating for LGBT clients
- Being a LGBT affirming practitioner
- Webinars on macro social work issues
- Group coaching
Click here for pricing
Sessions last 60 minutes. Packages are available at a discounted rate.
I’m located in New York State. Services can be provided to those living outside the metro New York area by phone, email, Skype, or Google Hangout. To find out more please contact me by email at email@example.com or by phone (631) 615-1709. You can also fill out the form below and I will contact you as soon as possible.