ACOSA Needs Volunteers
By Rachel L. West
Advocacy & Community Outreach Consultant
I’m posting this on behalf of the Association for Community Organization and Social Administration (ACOSA).
ACOSA members needed to serve on the following committees:
1. Resource Development (Raising funds and resources for ACOSA programs) – New Committee – Need 3 more members
2. Awards Committee – short-term committee – identify, review and select award winners over summer to distribute awards at October 17 Membership meeting at CSWE-APM. – need 2 members
3. Communications Committee – NEW and vital to ACOSA – outside communications and internal communications need policies created and procedures established to strengthen ACOSA. Two subcommittees really – Website – need 2 to 3 people who know something about technology or are willing to learn; also knowing how to procure content helpful; Newsletter committee (we strive to do at least 3 newsletters for ACOSA; however even this might be reviewed. We are committed, though, to producing a newsletter for CSWE (Thanks to Tracy Soska, chair for several years) and perhaps a shorter version for BPD/SSWR conferences and maybe NASW. This committee needs a Chair and at least 2 persons.
4. Nominations/Elections – New responsibilities – establishing nominations timeline, protocols, and policies and procedures for ACOSA – from recruitment to valuing members’ who served is part of role here. Need 2 persons.
5. Post-Ferguson Work Group recommissioned – this group seeks to move our dialogue in social work and ACOSA further in response to and as a catalyst towards socially just communities. This committee may be longer; however, through October at this point.
6. CSWE APM Planning – you might be surprised at how much email flies related to ACOSA and the APM – there are meetings galore, sessions, a booth needing volunteers to talk to our SW sisters and brothers, awards to give (ACOSA and JCP), and this year ACOSA in the Field hopes to return. We can use help planning or we can use you to table for an hour Thursday, Friday or Saturday, please.
7. Regional Work – might you be available to your Regional Reps to host an event, get the word out about macro activities you plan together or learn about? This is for you and they would be grateful as they try to represent multiple states in each region.
8. Mission/Vision/Goals – We are a macro organization without a mission statement, thus, we are gathering folks together to draft a statement for our Board to discuss and review for the October board meeting. This Draft will be provided, via email, to members, in advance of that meeting for feedback and reactions.
To express your committee interest, please complete your survey at the link below: