ACEs & Trauma-Informed Systems
By Rachel L. West
Advocacy & Community Outreach Consultant
Join this week’s #MacroSW Twitter chat to discuss Building Practices & Policies to Avoid Re-traumatization. The chat will take place on February 18th at 9:00 PM EST. The chat will be moderated by Pat Shelly of the University at Buffalo School of Social Work @UBSSW who will be joined by guest Shelley Hitzel @UBittic. You can read the full description here.
#MacroSW is a collaboration of social workers, organizations, social work schools, and individuals working to promote macro social work practice. Macro social work practice focuses on changing larger systems, such as communities and organizations. It encompasses a broad spectrum of actions and ideas, ranging from community organizing and education to legislative advocacy and policy analysis.
Current Chat Partners:
- Association for Community Organization and Social Administration (ACOSA), @acosaorg
- Jeff Fromknecht, MSW, Attorney & Counselor at Law at Side Project Inc., @SideProjectInc
- Karen Zgoda, MSW, LCSW, Instructor of Social Work at Bridgewater State University, @karenzgoda
- Kristin Battista-Frazee, MSW, Author and Marketing Consultant,@porndaughter
- Laurel Hitchcock, PhD, Assistant Professor of Social Work, University of Alabama at Birmingham, @laurelhitchcock
- Pat Shelly, Director of Community Engagement and Expansion, University at Buffalo School of Social Work, @ubssw and@PatShellySSW
- Rachel L. West, LMSW, The Political Social Worker, @poliSW
- Relando Thompkins-Jones, MSW, LLMSW, writer of Notes from an Aspiring Humanitarian (N.A.H.) @ and @
- Sunya Folayan, MSW, ACSW, founder/executive director, The Empowerment Project, Inc., @SunyaFolayan