2016 ACOSA Awards Nominations
By Rachel L, West
Advocacy & Community Outreach Consultant
2016 ACOSA Awards Nominations are now open. The awards are handed out every year at the CSWE Annual Program Meeting. This year’s APM will be held in Atlanta, Georgia. There are four awards handed out:
- Career Achievement Award: Honors the lifetime contributions made by a macro social work practitioner.
- Emerging Scholar Award: Honors a recent Ph.D student.
- Doctoral Student Award: Honors a current Ph.D student.
- Outstanding Practitioner Award: Honors a BSW or MSW student who has made who has made significant contributions.
- Outstanding Student Award: Honors a BSW or MSW for their involvement in community or organizational practice.
The deadline for nominations is September 15, 2016. The awards will be handed out on November 5th. You can read the nominating criteria at this link.
ACOSA is an international professional association for community organizing and social administration professionals and students. Founded in 1987, ACOSA stands to:
strengthen community organization and social administration. ACOSA is a membership organization for community organizers, activists, nonprofit administrators, community builders, policy practitioners, students and educators. (Source)
[ACOSA Mission Statement via youtube][/youtube]
You can join ACOSA at this Link. Annual dues are $75.00 for general membership and $35.00 for subsidized membership (students, unemployed, & low-income) . Membership benefits include:
- Access to the Journal of Community Practice
- Entry to the members only section of the website
- The opportunity to be a decision maker and participate within the organization
- Networking opportunities
You can follow ACOSA on Twitter at @acosaorg. They are also on FaceBook and LinkedIn. If you have any questions about ACOSA you can leave a comment below (I’m a Board Member and Chair of the Website/Electronic Communications Committee). You can also email your questions directly to ACOSA at email@example.com.